Expanded sintered polystyrene is a unique, environment friendly product. It is used for production of packaging, panels for thermal insulation in building and in-moulded with rigid polystyrene, it has many advantages:
- it is clean, neutral, stable, and non-toxic
- it does not contain chlorofluorocarbon
- it saves the forests as it saves cellulose and allows lighter packaging
- it is produced with no pollution of water resources and it is fully recyclable
Polystyrene can be grinded and then mixed to concrete thus obtaining light concrete, or mixed to virgin expanded polystyrene to produce new packaging and lightening components for buildings. It may also be converted into crystal polystyrene and reused for plastic articles production.
In-mould Expanded polystyrene
All goods manufactured by coupling an expanded article and a thermoformed article, with an heating process the two materials (EPS+PS) are sticked together. It’s generally used for articles with high aesthetical or technical performances.
It’s also often used to make large superficies waterproof. It is a mono-material article with good superficial finishing, thermal insulation and structure.
With the same technology, it is possible to couple injection moulded components to components made of metal.
- Closed cell plastic material
- Top performances in terms of resistance and resiliency
- Multiple impact resistance and long lasting
- Low thermal conductivity
- Low water absorbance
- Easy to shape
- High resistance to compression and dimensional stability
- Resistance to high temperatures (120°C)
- Resistance to chemical agents (solvents and oils)
- Resistance to environmental factors
- The chemical properties of the raw material and the manufacturing process make EPP the most environment friendly and versatile expanded material: no expanding gases are used (only air), the product can be recycled and, most of all, can be used many times
For these reasons, EPP can be effectively used in many sectors. EPP is available both in black and white for standard productions and in its coloured version, that for some applications can increase the product value.
In-mould Expanded Polypropylene
All goods manufactured by coupling an expanded article and a thermoformed article, with an heating process the two materials (EPP+PP) are sticked together. It’s generally used for articles with high aesthetical or technical performances. Ideal for the automotive sector.
In mould expanded polypropylene is ideal for applications in the automotive sector.
With the same technology we can in mould injected components and metal components
All articles are manufactured with an extruded plastic film, that is heated up and vacuumed in a mould. They generally are articles whose thickness depends on the film (from 0,3 to 5 mm).
Processing of milling with 5-axis-robot of plastic material sheets. The technology, originally developed for the manufacturing of cycle helmets and ski helmets, makes it possible to mill any three-dimensional shape.
Treatment for plastic articles to modify the superficies and let it treatable with glues and paints.
- 1 Plasma gun 40mm spout
- 2 Working shifts
- Surface treatment of plastic materials
- Feasibility study